INTOS is the largest supplier of lead glass in the Netherlands. Safety is an important requirement for every employee in healthcare and elsewhere. INTOS creates safe work and research environments that also provide optimal protection against nuclear and X-rays. We therefore supply lead glass in various sizes, shapes, designs (all possible lead equivalents) and provide advice, delivery, installation and maintenance.
What is lead glass?
Lead glass is a special type of glass that contains lead and can therefore withstand high radiation. Lead glass is used by healthcare, research institutions, airports and industry, among others. The lead glass can be applied to a source voltage of 50 kilovolts (KV) to 511 kilo electro volts (KeV).
Various versions of lead glass
INTOS supplies lead glass in various designs. The lead value (Pb value) and the source voltage (number of kVs) are etched in all lead glass as standard.
- Fall-proof lead glass: a lead pane that is laminated with float glass by means of a PVB layer. Lead glass in this version is maintenance-friendly.
- Sound-resistant lead glass: laminated lead glass with special acoustic PVB layers.
- Fire-retardant lead glass: insulating glass consisting of a layer of borosilicate, a hardened type of glass with optimal clarity, and a layer of lead glass. This combination is fire resistant on both sides.
- Lead glass with blind: lead glass combined with LCD foil. This foil can be made milky or clear at the touch of a button. Lead glass can also be provided with this LCD foil in existing situations.
Lead glass used in doors, walls & screens
INTOS also supplies and installs radiation-resistant components that contain lead glass. Think, for example, of lead walls, lead frames, mobile lead screens and (interior) doors.
Repair lead glass
Lead glass is fragile because it is very soft compared to normal glass. Incorrect cleaning or contact with grease, for example, can cause permanent damage, stains and cloudiness. From INTOS Maintenance we can polish the glass so that it is optimally clear again.
Polishing lead glass
Cloudiness or damage to lead glass can be corrected by polishing the lead glass, without having to be disassembled. By polishing it, the glass becomes 100% transparent again and the lead equivalent remains unaffected.
Protective foil lead glass
A preventive measure can also be taken to prevent stains, damage and cloudiness. The lead glass can be provided with a crystal-clear protective film on both sides. In that case, the thickness and weight of the lead glass remain virtually the same. Even then the lead glass does not have to be disassembled.
Order lead glass quickly for a competitive price?
Because INTOS supplies lead glass directly from its own stock, we guarantee short delivery times and the best price in our quotations. Fill in the form below, so that our lead glass specialists can send you a quotation as soon as possible.
Why choose INTOS lead glass?
- Free advice on the application of lead glass in various architectural situations
- Competitively priced lead glass
- Standard dimensions in any lead value are quickly available from stock
- Pb value and source voltage are etched into the glass as standard
Request a quote now
Fill in the form below and click on 'send'. We will make a quotation and send it to you as soon as possible.